Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Family of Bird Men

Well, it's official. . . My son takes after his father when it comes to a fascination with birds.  My husband will openly admit that he has a little thing for birds. . . specifically predatory birds and flocks.  We can rarely drive in the car somewhere without him noticing a swooping vulture near the highway or a flock of geese migrating.  Oh and God Bless the flocks of little birds that sit on wires or fences. . . my husband loves to clap his hands real loud and watch them all fly away quickly.  I am just patiently waiting for him to get pooped on.  

Today was the second time this year I took Charlie to see some ducks/geese.  Today was also the second time this year  I had to carry him away screaming before he tried to jump into the pond and tackle some geese.  Just like his daddy, he loves his birds.  In fact, pretty much the only word he can/will say is "duck".  

Here are a few pictures from the top of the observatory.  This is the only spot where he is content viewing the water fowl.



No comments:

Post a Comment